The Old Library Building


The first purpose built library in Burnley, built in 1924, closed as a library in 2008 and given to Thursby Garden Community Action Group on a 125 year lease in November 2009 by Lancashire County Council. Now a community centre, please see 'About Us' for details, we are a voluntary run organisation, nobody gets paid, the community run it, we have small funding pots for projects but all essential chore costs are raised by the volunteers. All our volunteers are either retired, sick and disabled or unemployed.